Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dollywood



I have always wanted to go to Dollywood. I don't really know why, and I don't really know what it is--a tribute to Dolly Parton or a tribute to Dolly Parton's boobs, I figure. Anyhow, this was our first planned stop about halfway to Nashville, our final destination for this fine Wednesday. Unfortunately, this was not to be... Because Veronica broke down in Asheville. I spent 750 big ones at the shop last week to prevent this exact thing from happening. She has new rear brakes, a fresh coolant system, air filters, you name it. But they didn't say anything about the freakin alternator. So now we are late. And I don't get to see Dollywood. But I'll tell ya what: Biltmore Village is not a bad place to break down. I drank a cherry Italian soda, Lowrider was invited into an art gallery to view some homemade dog dishes, and they turned the car around in an hour. Except for the fact that alternators are really darn expensive, it wasn't such a bad experience.

No comments: